Composting For Dummies (Κομποστοποίηση - έκδοση στα αγγλικά)
Composting For Dummies
Συγγραφέας: Cathy Cromell
Σχήμα: 16 Χ 24
Έτος έκδοσης: 2010
Back-to-basics gardening that will benefit the earth and your wallet!
Want to use ordinary waste to create an extraordinary garden? Composting lets you turn household food waste, yard clippings, and more into free compost and mulch that's chock-full of nutrients. From building and working with traditional compost bins to starting an indoor worm-composting operation, Composting For Dummies makes these often intimidating projects easy, fun, and accessible for anyone!
• Digging into compost basics — get a handle on the benefits of composting and the tools you'll need to get started
• Choosing the best method and location — find the best composting method and location that's right for you, whether it's above ground, in a hole, in a container or bin, or even right in your kitchen
• Building your pile — learn which ingredients can go into your compost pile, what stays out, and how to mix it all up in the right proportions
• Stepping beyond traditional composting — get the lowdown on vermicomposting (letting worms eat your garbage), growing green manures to compost later, and sheet composting in the same spot you plan to plant
Open the book and find:
• A step-by-step guide to composting
• The right gear and tools for the job
• Tips on constructing your own composting containers and bins
• Materials you can safely compost (and those to avoid)
• Cover crops to improve your soil now and compost later
• Recommendations for using your finished compost
• What worms contribute to your compost
• Troubleshooting advice if your compost pile isn't cooperating
• Turn household food waste, yard clippings, and more into nutrient-rich compost
• Build and maintain your own compost bin
• Use worms to aid in composting, both indoors and out
• Give your vegetable and flower gardens a boost of energy
Table of Contents
Part I: Composting Basics.
Chapter 1: Digging into Compost.
Chapter 2: Tools of the Trade.
Chapter 3: The Decomposition Process.
Part II: Selecting a Home and Method for Your Compost.
Chapter 4: Composting Aboveground or Underground: No Bin Required.
Chapter 5: Working with Compost Containers.
Chapter 6: Erecting Your Own Compost Containers.
Part III: Compost Happens.
Chapter 7: Selecting Your Ingredients.
Chapter 8: Mixing Up a Batch: A Step-by-Step Guide.
Chapter 9: Using Your Finished Compost.
Part IV: Expanding Your Compost Horizons.
Chapter 10: Working with Worms.
Chapter 11: Adding Cover Crops and Green Manures.
Chapter 12: Composting in Sheets.
Part V: The Part of Tens.
Chapter 13: Ten Answers to Common Questions about Compost.
Chapter 14: Ten Tips for Troubleshooting Compost.